DepthAI is a platform built to allow the power of Spatial AI to be embedded into products.
The DepthAI hardware, firmware, and software suite combine depth perception, object detection (neural inference), and object tracking and gives you this power in a simple, easy-to-use API.
This product is the Embedded Variant of the DepthAI System on Module (SoM). This embedded variant includes a 128MB NOR flash, and boot-switch capabilities such that it can be booted over USB (for use with our Python API) or set to boot out of NOR-flash, for communication with microcontrollers over SPI.
The key difference between this BW1099EMB system on module and the standard BW1099 is that the standard BW1099 requires a host processor, running Linux, Mac, or Windows to operate, whereas this module can boot out of NOR flash - allowing SPI communication with microcontrollers which may be running no operating system at all (bare metal C or C++ code).
• All connectivity through single 100-pin connector (DF40C-100DP-0.4V(51))
- 2x 2-lane MIPI Camera Interface
- 1x 4-lane MIPI Camera Interface
- Quad SPI with 2 dedicated chip-selects
- Several GPIO (1.8 V and 3.3 V)
- Supports off-board eMMC or SD Card
- On-board NOR boot Flash (optional)
- On-board EEPROM (optional)
- All power regulation, clock generation, etc. on module
Important Note: This embedded variant is in initial integration testing: The SPI interface support, although initially available, is in initial testing and is not feature-complete. Some initial/proof-of-concept example code for interfacing the BW1099EMB with the ESP32 is here.
PCBA Part Number: BW1099EMB
Documentation and Resources: