The warehouse used to ship this model is behind and is typically taking about 1 calendar week to ship. So please keep this in mind when ordering - that your order may be delayed by around a week.
What is DepthAI?
DepthAI is a platform built to allow the power of Spatial AI to be embedded into products.
The DepthAI hardware, firmware, and software suite combine depth perception, object detection (neural inference), and object tracking and gives you this power in a simple, easy-to-use API.
About this DepthAI Model
The OAK-D-IoT-40 is the Embedded/IoT design of OAK-D. It can be used completely standalone, or via USB with a host like normal USB-only variants of DepthAI. It has a built-in ESP32 which provides WiFi, Bluetooth (including BLE), as well as other interfaces.
And like the OAK-D, this model includes the BNO085 IMU which is supported in the DepthAI API
This embedded variant includes a 128MB NOR flash, and boot-switch capabilities such that it can be booted over USB, or set to boot out of NOR-flash, for communication with the onboard ESP32 over SPI.
Where do I find the SPI APIs and reference code?
- depthai-spi-api - API of the SPI protocol
- depthai-spi-library - DepthAI SPI Library
- esp32-spi-message-demo - ESP32 reference app for interfacing with DepthAI over SPI
About the OAK-SOM-IoT in this OAK-D model
This OAK-SOM-IoT system on module is what powers this OAK-D model. This modular design allows you to leverage our open-source designs (here) to embed the power of OAK-D into your own products and/or customize the OAK-D-IoT to your exact needs.
• All connectivity of the OAK-SOM-IoT is through a single 100-pin connector (DF40C-100DP-0.4V(51))
- 2x 2-lane MIPI Camera Interface
- 1x 4-lane MIPI Camera Interface
- Quad SPI with 2 dedicated chip-selects
- Several GPIO (1.8 V and 3.3 V)
- On-board NOR boot Flash (optional)
- On-board EEPROM (optional)
- All power regulation, clock generation, etc. on the module
Note on Naming:
The OAK-D-IoT-40 was previously referred to as the BW1092, DM1092 (which is the PCBA code), and LUX-ESP32. We are consolidating/simplifying our naming to the `OAK` naming convention for simplicity.
The OAK-SOM-IoT was previously referred to by its PCBA code, BW1099EMB.
Shipped as a complete kit, including:
- power adapter,
- USB 3 cable.
Documentation and Resources:
- Python Github: here
- C++ API Github: here
- SPI C Library: here
- SPI ESP32 Example App: here
- Hardware Github: here
- DepthAI Models Overview: here
Shipping cost is based on destination. Just add products to your cart and use the Shipping Calculator to see the shipping price.
We want you to be 100% satisfied with your purchase. Items can be returned or exchanged within 30 days of delivery.