What is DepthAI?
DepthAI is a platform built to allow the power of Spatial AI to be embedded into products.
The DepthAI hardware, firmware, and software suite combine depth perception, object detection (neural inference), and object tracking and gives you this power in a simple, easy-to-use API.
What is this Embedded Development Kit?
This kit (OAK-SoM-IoT) allows you to use DepthAI via its SPI interface and SPI API with microcontrollers. Examples include ESP32, STM32, MSP430. ATtiny, etc.
Shipped as a complete kit with BW1099EMB SoM, heatsink, power adapter, and USB 3 cable, this product features the Embedded Variant of the DepthAI System on Module (SoM). This embedded variant includes a 128MB NOR flash, and boot-switch capabilities such that it can be booted over USB (for use with our Python API) or set to boot out of NOR-flash, for standalone operation.
The key difference between this BW1099EMB system on module and the standard BW1099 is that the standard BW1099 requires a host processor, running Linux, Mac, or Windows to operate, whereas this module can boot out of NOR flash - allowing SPI communication with microcontrollers which may be running no operating system at all (bare metal C or C++ code).
Where do I find the SPI APIs and reference code?
- depthai-spi-api - API of the SPI protocol
- depthai-spi-library - DepthAI SPI Library
- esp32-spi-message-demo - ESP32 reference app for interfacing with DepthAI over SPI
About the BW1099EMB
This BW1099EMB embedded module is included pre-mounted on this BW1098EMB, our DepthAI Embedded Development Kit. It is also included on the our DepthAI BW1092, here.
• All connectivity of the BW1099EMB is through single 100-pin connector (DF40C-100DP-0.4V(51))
- 2x 2-lane MIPI Camera Interface
- 1x 4-lane MIPI Camera Interface
- Quad SPI with 2 dedicated chip-selects
- Several GPIO (1.8 V and 3.3 V)
- Supports off-board eMMC or SD Card
- On-board NOR boot Flash (optional)
- On-board EEPROM (optional)
- All power regulation, clock generation, etc. on module
PCBA Part Number: BW1099EMB
- BW1098EMB with GPIO connectors and 3x GPIO cable assemblies included.
- Power cable for connection to JST PHR-2 power input connector
- BW1099EMB with 128MB NOR flash (standard BW1099 has 16MB NOR flash) and with boot-select switches (for switching between USB and NOR boot).
- Kit can be selected with the cameras of interest:
- 1x RGB 4K camera kit (A00034)
- 2x Stereo camera kit (A00033) with global shutter grayscale 1MP cameras
Product Part Number: OAK-SoM-IoT
- RGB only: OAK-SoM-IoT-RGB
- Stereo only: OAK-SoM-IoT-ST
- RGB + Stereo: OAK-SoM-IoT-STRGB
Documentation and Resources:
- Python Github: here
- C++ API Github: here
- SPI C Library: here
- SPI ESP32 Example App: here
- Hardware Github: here
- DepthAI Models Overview: here
Shipping cost is based on destination. Just add products to your cart and use the Shipping Calculator to see the shipping price.
We want you to be 100% satisfied with your purchase. Items can be returned or exchanged within 30 days of delivery.